Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dick In A Box - The Lonely Island

Artist: The Lonely Island
Song: Dick In A Box
Year: 2009
Album: Incredibad

This song started out as an SNL Digital Short a few years ago. It proved so popular that it eventually made it onto an album with other comedy song by The Lonely Island. The thing that makes the song is the commitment to the lyrics by playing the song straight and the addition of Justin Timberlake.

It sounds almost ludicrous to think that private parts peeking through a hole in a box could end up a hit. The followup song, "Jizz In My Pants", is a top ten hit in Australia. How weird is that? It just goes to show that no one can predict what the public will latch onto.

Lyrics:
Hey girl, I got somethin' real important to give you
So just sit down and listen
Girl you know we've been together such a long, long time (such a long time)
And now I'm ready to lay it on the line
(Wooow) You know it's Christmas and my heart is open wide (open wide)
Gonna give you something so you know what's on my mind (what is on my mind)
A gift real special, so take off the top
Take a look inside -- it's my dick in a box (it's in a box)
Not gonna get you a diamond ring
That sort of gift don't mean anything
Not gonna get you a fancy car
Girl ya gotta know you're my shining star
Not gonna get you a house in the hills
A girl like you needs somethin' real
Wanna get you somethin' from the heart
Somethin' special girl
It's my dick in a box, my dick in a box girl
It's my dick in a box, my dick in a box girl
See I'm wise enough to know when a gift needs givin' (girl)
And I got just the one, somethin' to show ya that you are second to none
To all the fellas out there with ladies to impress
It's easy to do just follow these steps
1: Cut a hole in a box
2: Put your junk in that box
3: Make her open the top
And that's the way you do it
It's my dick in a box...my dick in a box girl
It's my dick in a box, my dick in a box girl
Christmas; dick in a box
Hanukkah; dick in a box
Kwanzaa; a dick in a box
Every single holiday a dick in a box
Over at your parent's house a dick in a box
Mid day at the grocery store a dick in a box
Backstage at the CMA's a dick in a box (yeah-wow-wow-wow-wow-wow)
A dick in a box, a dick in a box, a dick in a box...

No comments: