Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fearless - Pink Floyd

Artist: Pink Floyd
Song: Fearless
Year: 1971
Album: Meddle

A quick entry today. This song has been running through my brain lately. I never thought much of the song, when I was a teenager. But running the iPod while I'm busy at the computer has had some awesome benefits. Some songs actually improve, when you don't know they are coming.

This is a song where I was torn away from my computer work because I wondered what this song actually was. It sounded like Pink Floyd, but I couldn't recall what exactly. It turns out that it was "Fearless" popping up on shuffle. I try to preview all the newer songs that I hear this way. I can test my true nature about a song without the preconceived notions about it. I've found some great lost songs that way.

Lyrics:
You say the hill's too steep to climb
Climb it.
You say you'd like to see me try
Climbing.

You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb
That hill in my own way.
Just wait a while for the right day.
And as I rise above the tree lines and the clouds
I look down, hearing the sound of the things you've said today.

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling.
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning.

And who's the fool who wears the crown?
And go down,
in your own way
And every day is the right day
And as you rise above the fear-lines in his brow
You look down, hearing the sound of the faces in the crowd.

No comments: