Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fuck The Pain Away - Peaches

Artist: Peaches
Song: Fuck The Pain Away
Year: 2002
Album: Teaches Of Peaches

Like I mentioned in the first post, I won't shy away from music because of some cursing. Even if that cursing is in the title too. It happens to be a pretty catchy song, but it is meant to be a parody of some of the stupid nonsensical songs that get played in the clubs.

Peaches was an elementary school teacher who turned to music. There are references to school, safe sex, Debbie Harry (of Blondie) and Chrissy Hynde (of The Pretenders) in this song. Even though the word fuck is in the title, there is a lot more going on in the song than just an excuse to sing about random sex.

The reason that this song is on my iPod, is because of the movie Lost In Translation. This song plays in the scene where Bob and Charlotte enter the strip club. This song reminds me of the culture shock that Bob encounters in his day to day life working in Japan.

Bob can't sleep because he can't adjust to the abrupt time change, so he is up every night. He befriends Charlotte, who is a bored and neglected, married woman, and they start soaking up the Japanese night scene.

The movie reminds me of how good an actor Bill Murray really is. He plays the character perfectly. The hint of forbidden love is in the air and never acted upon. It's really a great movie, if you give it a chance.

This song will always be the standout track of the movie. It's a shame that it wasn't included on the soundtrack.

Lyrics:
Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me,
Callin me, all the time like Blondie
Check out my Chrissy behind
It's fine all of the time
Like sex on the beaches,
What else is in the teaches of peaches? huh? what?

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me,
Callin me, all the time like Blondie
Check out my Chrissy behind
It's fine all of the time
What else is in the teaches of peaches?
Like sex on the beaches. huh? what?

huh? right. what? uhh.
huh? what? right. uhh.
huh? what? right. uhh.
huh? what? right. uhh.

SIS IUD, stay in school coz it's the best.
IUD SIS, stay in school coz it's the best.
IUD SIS, stay in school coz it's the best.
IUD SIS, stay in school coz it's the best.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me,
Callin me, all the time like Blondie
Check out my Chrissy behind
It's fine all of the time.
What else is in the teaches of peaches?
Like sex on the beaches. huh? what?

Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.

huh? what? right. uhh. huh? what? right. uhh.
What else in the teaches of peaches, like sex on the beaches.
huh? what? right. uhh.

Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.
Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away.


No comments: