Monday, September 22, 2008

Parasite - KISS

Artist: KISS
Song: Parasite
Year: 1974
Album: Hotter Than Hell

My first introduction to KISS was through MTV. I saw their videos and liked their music enough to want to pick up an album or two. My mom wasn't too keen on KISS because of the nasty rumors of the seventies. I won't rehash them here, but most of the rumors had to do with Satan.

Ironically, now my mom watches Gene Simmons' reality show. I guess it goes to show you that time really does heal everything.

The first KISS album I picked up was Hotter Than Hell. I believe that I picked it up at the local grocery store for five bucks. It was money well spent. This is still one of my favorite albums from KISS. I can listen to every song and sing along with all of them. There are no clunkers on this album, though it is a very underrated album.

KISS was still trying to break through to the mainstream at this point. I think that this album (their second) is better than their debut. It's hard to believe that they were both released in 1974. Although KISS seems to be fine with just releasing compilation albums right now, there was a time when their music was vibrant and important.

Lyrics:
She'll always be there trying to grab a hold
She thought she knew me, but she didn't know
That I was sad and wanted her to go

Parasite lady
Parasite eyes
Parasite lady
No need to cry

I didn't wanna have to get away
I told her things I didn't want to say
I need her and I hope she'll understand

Parasite lady
Parasite eyes
Parasite lady
No need to cry


No comments: