Saturday, September 20, 2008

She's Got Balls - AC/DC

Artist: AC/DC
Song: She's Got Balls
Year: 1976
Album: High Voltage (U.S. album)

When my uncle first introduced me to AC/DC, he played T.N.T. He had recorded it off the radio. My task was to find the album that the song was on. That was my specialty. Before the computer was the primary source of information, I would scour through many different resources to find this sort of information out.

I tracked down the cassette for him and he was happy. Now, he could blast AC/DC in his car, on the way to his job at CTA. I tracked down most of his music collection for him. Everything from Black Sabbath to Aerosmith. As of yesterday, he's been gone for one year and five months. My uncle selfishly took his own life. That doesn't change the memories that we shared. All of them were happy. That's how I choose to remember him.

After I got his copy of the album, I had to buy it for myself. This cassette was in my car for the longest time. The U.S. version of the High Voltage album has to be one of my favorites from their catalogue. There really are no clunkers on this album.

"She's Got Balls" is one of the album tracks, but it stands up with anything else on the album. I think it could have been a single, if they really wanted to push it. This song is one of the two from the U.S. version that was on the original 1975 Australian release of High Voltage. The U.S. album, borrows the rest of the songs from their T.N.T. album. This is one of the reasons why my uncle had me track the song down for him. With all the different releases, it can get confusing for someone who doesn't look into that sort of stuff.

This song is about Bon Scott's wife. She complained that he never wrote anything about her in a song. By the time "She's Got Balls" was released, the marriage had ended.

Lyrics:
She's got style that woman
Makes me smile that woman
She's got spunk that woman
Funk that woman
She's got speed my babe
Got what I need my babe
She's got the ability
To make a man outta me

But most important of all
Let me tell you
My lady's got balls
She's got balls

She's got soul my lady
Likes to crawl my lady
All around the floor on her hands and knees
Oh because she likes to please me

But most important of all
Let me tell you
My lady's got balls
She's got balls

And she's got taste my lady
Pace my lady
Makes my heart race
With her pretty face
She's got balls my lady
Likes to crawl my lady
Hands and knees all around the floor
No one has to tell her what a fella is for

But most important of all
Let me tell you
My lady's got balls
She's got balls


No comments: